So, things did get better the day I wrote that last post. Plava actually had a nap, and WOW, what a difference in temperament in the afternoon! Honestly, the no-nap Plava and the napped Plava are two very different children - one being much MUCH more pleasant to be around.
She actually napped two days in a row, which was a nice treat. Then she had a couple bad-nap days. One of these bad-nap days was on the weekend when Ryan was home. We were taking turns working on her when finally I went in and told her that if she didn't smarten up, she'd just have to be alone in her room for a while. Of course she smirked and shouted, "NO!!" so out I went, livid. She had been making such a racket with her antics that she had already woken Pito up and Ryan was hanging out with her downstairs. I think it took me a good 15 minutes to cool down while she did her very best imitation of crying up in her room.
After more than a 1/2 hour, I decided it was time to go up there and get her out of bed. Enough is enough, and I would certainly be letting her know that I wasn't happy. I went in and had a talk with her while she smiled and told me boldly that "you need to be nice to me!!". I then took her downstairs and Ryan had his talk with her.
He had forgotten momentarily, however, that he had a blob of toothpaste on his nose trying to get rid of a... ahem... blemish. Plava was very intently listening to his words, and very intently staring at his nose.
(In a very serious, authoritative voice:)
"Plava, you have been very naughty. It is very important that you listen to mama and I and that you have a nap. And yes, I know that I have toothpaste on my nose."
We both had to cover our faces to avoid bursting out laughing. It was so funny.
It's really nice to have a good laugh when you're so exhausted.
Today, she's quiet. I don't pretend to assume that she's sleeping, but she IS quiet, and that is a good thing right now. I'm spent!! I am so thankful that Pito is an easy baby and a fairly easy sleeper. Aaaah!
No comments:
Post a Comment