Thursday, May 01, 2008

ABBA!!

SO! I, unlike Ryan, didn't grow up on Abba's tunes. I heard them on the radio, sure. I heard them regularly enough. Their big hits were familiar. I could even sing along to the chorus of Dancing Queen. I was NOT prepared, however, for how Abba's music would AMAZE me when I went to see "Mamma Mia", the musical.


WOAH MAN!! It was AWESOME!! I can hardly put into words how good it was. Let me just describe to you a scene from that night that pretty much sums up how I felt.

It was a great show, and the cast had returned to the stage for a couple encore numbers. Ryan and I were sitting up on the balcony, off to the side (some mighty nice seats!). Everyone was standing and clapping along with the music, and I happened to glance down on the crowd below us. There, in the middle of the crowd, was a man who was so utterly excited that he was singing along at the top of his lungs (at least it looked like it - it was loud!) and dancing away. He was doing actions and totally grooving away! It was so funny. I didn't know what was more entertaining to watch - this guy so utterly wild in the moment, or the action on the stage!

My point? That although I was not going wild and dancing away like that guy, I WANTED TO!! It was such a great show! Highly recommended!!

Since then, Ryan has bought me an Abba cd. LOVE IT!

No comments: