Monday, May 19, 2008

when it rains, it pours - but this, my friends, is a drought.

So, it's been a while. No excuses. Nope none. Just lack of time (gasp!), lack of dedication (gasp!), lack of blog prioritization (gasp!). There has been no lack, however, of inspiration. No no, life has been wild and crazy. Wild and crazy, people.

So, since my last post, Plava has learned how to sing Abba's "Mamma Mia" quite nicely. I have a video of it, but it doesn't seem to want to be uploaded. Grrrr.

What else has happened? Well you may remember a post about my becoming quite excited about making a baby blanket/quilt/patchwork throw for weePito? I've gone utterly bazurk. (Okay, I have no idea how to spell that, and the spell check has no idea what I'm trying to say!)

So yes, I've been "quilting". I hesitate to actually call it quilting because I'm not actually, well, "quilting" in the traditional meaning of the word. I AM, however, making COOL BABY BLANKETS.

I've been toying with the idea of actually creating my own line, and am in the process of deciding (can to just smell my hesitation?) to get a business number and go into production. My line, or store, or label, is called "MamaTree" and I'm making patchwork blankets, baby slings, kids' wall art, and whatever else I think up! One funky thing that I've started doing is using recycled, or "up-cycled" fabrics.

That's right, I go and buy clothes and other items from thrift stores and make them into blankets, soft baby blocks, and all sorts of wonderful things!! Yay for a cool, green idea!!

The latest news in this exciting world of making things is that I've just been accepted into the Harmony Arts Festival craft fair. It's ajuried craft fair, so I had to submit some pieces, and I got in! I'm really excited! And I really have to sew a lot of blankets and slings now!! ACK ! No no, it's good. It will keep me on my toes and it's fun so I won't be dragging myself along to do it. It's especially awesome to do the up-cycled quilts because no two are the same! Keeps it fresh!!

Next item - Ryan is a looooong way away. He's in Halifax (for you who don't know, that's on the opposite coast of Canada - a 6 hour flight away). Waaaaah! Yes, it's sad. Today was my first day alone, although it felt pretty normal because he's usually working during the day. Tonight, however, has been REALLY QUIET. He's gone for a week, so I'll just have to get used to it!! This will just give me some good evening time to get some sewing done!!

Well, there are more things to tell, but I think I'll leave that up to photos in the coming few posts. Thanks for hanging in there with me and waaaaaaiting for my next post!! Cheeriooo!!

1 comment:

Stacy Kaye said...

I can't wait to be a customer of MamaTree! :)