Wednesday, September 10, 2008

pride

I am so proud of Plava. She did marvelously the other day!! When I returned to pick her up she was outside with the other kids, playing in the little playground. She bounded up to the fence and yelled, "MAMA!! I HAD FUN!!! I LISTENED TO THE TEACHERS!! I WAS SO BRAVE!!" I was so unbelievably proud of her!! I could have cried! (Okay, I did cry on the way home, but only for a minute!) What relief!!

I am so glad I pushed that little bit. I can only imagine how much harder the second day would have been if I had been soft on that first day. I'm also glad that Plava is really ready for this kind of thing. She's old enough, and she's mature enough.

The days since then have shown her to be gaining such confidence! I seriously can't believe how much she's changing in such a short time. On that first "drop in" day, she was way too shy to talk to her teachers or even look them in the eye. Today, I went with her and her class to the zoo and she was all a-chatter! She ran, played, chatted with her teachers, asked them questions, and even let one of them pick her up to get a better view of the monkeys. I was amazed. AMAZED.

There is nothing comparable to this feeling of pride I feel right now. I can use no fancy words to describe it, only that I've never felt this before! It is so much richer than feeling proud of myself even!!

Aaaaah, I am so relieved. Thanks for all your calls and emails, those of you who have done so. It's great to know that Plava (and Ryan and I) have your support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Plava!! I can't believe how big she is getting! You're doing a great job with those girls, Laura! :)
~Andrea

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear how Plava is growing up! I can't wait to see you all at Christmas.