Today has been a marvelous one. Well, okay I'm only sitting here at 1:30 in the afternoon, but so far the day has been marvy! I am just loving my little girls!! We didn't do anything extravagant today. Actually quite the opposite. We have been seriously in need of food in the house and so today was grocery shopping day. Not only that, but it's a miserable (to some), soggy, pouring-with-rain day out there!! I also had a cheque to deposit at the bank, and needed to check the mail for work. To add a little more misery, Pito was up for the third night in a row last night, crying inconsolably and for no obvious reason, and not getting to sleep until after an hour and a half of trying various things I finally gave up and brought her into bed where she flipped and flopped for the rest of the night. So that there is three stops with two little girls with a drippy, droppy, soggy day outside and one tired me.
Pretty much a recipe for a bad-mood-momma, to be honest. Something about accomplishing things like this makes me rather grouchy and I end up being not a very pleasant mother to my wee two. But something within me today was different.
It might have been the way Pito and Plava hug and kiss and rassle in our bed when they first see each other in the morning. It might have been Ryan's warm and loving demeanor as he got up and dressed, in spite of the fact that he is really stressed about work, and also that he reportedly woke up with little Pito's feet kicking his neck (while she had her head on my back) in the night. It might have been the delicously steamy cup of coffee I had while the girls ate their breakfast. It might have been a combination of these things. Whatever it was, though, our outing was full of splashes of rain on my wool sweater as I raced to get Pito into the sling, Plava out of her carseat, all of us through the parking lot and into the store to try and find the "car buggy", all the groceries into the buggy while Pito slept against my chest in the sling, food paid for and bagged, us three out into the rain again to soak up every drop that fell on our heads, and back into the car where we sighed with relief and giggled as our wet bodies fogged up with windows. We did the other errands too, and with no complaint from either girl, we got home, made and ate lunch.
Sigh! So now I'm feeling quite content. (That last sentence reminded me of Pride and Predjudice, but I digress....) Onward then, to a wonderfully marvelous afternoon!!
3 comments:
That was totally a recipe for a "bad-mood-momma" - you're right! Isn't amazing how little things can make your day so much better, though! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! I hope Pito sleeps better for you tonight! :) ~Andrea
I used my sling in the grocery store yesterday! I have a question. As Pito got bigger, what became her favorite position??
Once she was too big for the front-facing position, it was the hip hold all the way. She still loves to sleep in the front carrying position though. (Chest against my chest.) He getting wiggly in that front facing position? :)
Post a Comment