Saturday, May 09, 2009

Spent - Week 1, day 6

So! I didn't get any time yesterday to sit down and write an entry here. It was a go-go-go day, if you know what I mean. A fun visit to the Aquarium with Shelley and her nephew, (oh and my girls), and then home for naps which lasted, oh, 20 minutes, and then out to the grocery store and back home to whip up dinner as fast as I could and then out to a friend's house for a little jam night that lasted until about 9, at which point I got home and starting CLEANING the house. When I say CLEANING, I mean really seriously CLEANING. Why? Well because we've decided to have a second go at selling it. Yes!!

But I digress. Here it is:

Day 6: Find Your Eating Rhythm

So, basically, this is a push to start really listening to your body and when it needs food. I've been finding that my hunger or lack thereof has become quite surprisingly obvious as I've started this, and I'm starting to be able to really tell when my high snacking times are during the day - the times when I need a boost. So, he states some common mistakes that we make when it comes to having a healthy eating rhythm:

- We don't eat enough of the right foods - particularly for breakfast - so our bodies are not nourished. We eat a carb-laden breakfast, and then we binge on sugary snack foods or caffeine in the late morning and afternoon to give ourselves a "boost". (This is very much my habit!! Although, even on the program so far, I still need a boost in the mid to late morning to keep me going.)

- We fill ourselves up with nutrient-deficient food substances and then feel tired.

- We don't eat often enough, (yeah! eat more baby!!!) and then, when we are absolutely starving, we gorge ourselves.

- We eat our largest meal at dinner, when our digestive system is slowing down, instead of at lunch, when it is at its peak.

So, he goes on to discuss the problems with each of these things, and ends up spending time on the last one most. In short, the task for today is to start eating meals (and snacks) in the following way: Nutrient-rich breakfast (like the smoothies), large lunch, smaller dinner (with the veggies/salad as the largest portion of it), and some healthy snacks when needed (nuts, fruit, etc). Another thing he really suggests is sitting down and eating slowly - actually tasting the food and chewing it enough that the digestive system has an easier time.

I'll update today's later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.