Yes, it was Mother's day today.
Actually, it still is because it's only 8:04, but I have officially decided that I'm not going to consider it Mother's Day anymore, because then I don't have to be sad and disappointed about how shoddy a day it was. Sigh!! It was tiring, to say the least. I led music this morning at church, and unfortunately Ryan had a work thing he had to go to, so I needed to figure out what to do with little Pito (Ryan did take Plava with him) while we set up the sound system, practiced, and then actually did the service. Hm. We have a lovely 10 year old friend who took on the task, and she did very well, and then needed to pass sad Pito off to another adult friend, who also did marvelously, but once the actual music in the service was done, so was Pito. No more shoving me away, mom!! She was cranky, wired and tired, and just wanted her mama. That set the stage for the rest of the day.
Afterwards, Ryan suggested that we go out for lunch for mother's day - just our fam. That sounded nice, but we struggled to figure out where to go and eat while on this Spent thing. We ended up saying, "oh heck, it's a special day!" and White Spot it was. The Legendary platter was what we both ordered, while Pito bounced around the seats, screaming at the smallest displeasure, and Plava piping in out of general cranky exhaustion too. It was one of those times when we were just looking at each other thinking, "what in the world were we thinking coming here?". We managed to get through lunch, and by the time we got up, we were feeling bloated and horrible. We couldn't believe the effect that restaurant food had on us, and how obvious it was, considering how well we've been feeling over the past week. Ryan had ordered a coke too, kind of snickering at the sugar, and when it arrived and he took a sip, he could hardly finish it. I tried a sip too, and honestly it tasted like syrup!! Crazy!! Gross!!
So home we went and put the girls down for naps. Plava went down very well, as usual, but Pito was just wired and unhappy, which is quite unusual for her. She cried and cried, and finally I just got her into bed with me to try and snuggle her to sleep. Didn't work one bit, and after a few attempts I just gave up and let her climb down from the bed. Well, I was lying there resting still, and off she went to wake up Plava. Yes, she opened Plava's door and woke her up. Super.
So, not only was I feeling rotten after that meal, but the low blood sugar hit me so hard that I was a cranky, frustrated, short-fused mom for the rest of the afternoon. Not only that, but Plava was off from having been rudely awoken, and Pito was just wired still, screaming and laughing and running in circles.
They are now in bed, thankfully. And I am recovering. I had a really good, light dinner of chicken salad and it was like a breath of fresh air. I can not believe how quickly my body and desires towards food have changed!!
So lesson learned. No sick restaurant food again, unless it's a decent restaurant with some seriously healthy choices. It wasn't worth it! Now, I'm going to sit and watch Mamma Mia, which I planned to do tonight while Ryan was out at his rehearsal. And you know what, I'm going to have a nice evening!!!!!
Hippy-Happy Mother's Day!! Haha.
1 comment:
Hi Laura,
I am just catching up on your spent blogging. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's day. Sucky!
I'm off to read the rest. I wonder if Gregg will join me in doing this 6 week thing. Maybe we should all get together and he can hear the testimonials first hand before I start.
Back to your blog!
T
Post a Comment