We are in our new house now!!! We love it!! The kids are playing outside ALL THE TIME!! It helps, of course, that it's summer. :)
Yes, it's great. We're in the process of painting, and then stopping to decide whether we really want to paint all of the walls this colour....and then painting some more, and stopping again. Haha. It's all fun!!
The house is mostly unpacked now, although our room still has a few boxes sitting in the corners. It also has a serious need for some new wall colours since we're not so into the puke green with barf beige wainscoting. Call us picky, but it's just how we feel.
On a rather unfortunate note, we're dealing with a myriad of other stresses at the moment. Apparently, when you get something REALLY GOOD, other things in life have to go bad to really balance it out. Ha ha ha.
Ryan got in a car accident last week, thankfully not his fault. He is sore and achy, seeing doctors, chiropractors and hopefully soon a physiotherapist, and the car is a writeoff. This is good and bad, really. It's our old Jetta that was in the accident, and we know it needed work soon anyway, but this just means we're going to have to find another car for Ryan to use for work, and soon. There are worse things....right?
We also are trying to keep in touch with the strata for our last place because there was an electrical issue that came up just before we moved out that we need to make sure gets resolved.
I've also been trying to work out a new schedule for my work doing the bookkeeping for our church, and although it's better this way, I'm finding myself a little anxious as I try and make sure I keep on top of things. That, and I'm taking on a new job doing the bookkeeping for the coffee house that we're opening this summer, and that is leaving me rather anxious as well.
To top it all off, we were just informed that Plava's preschool is going to be shutting down. C.R.A.P. I'm so worried about this particular issue that all I could do this morning when Pito woke up at 5:30 and joined us in bed was to lay awake thinking about what in the world we're going to do in the fall. For one, there is no space anywhere it seems, unless we want to put her in a hoity-toity high priced specialty preschool. I wouldn't be against exploring it, but the money!!! That, and Plava has done so well this year slowly coming out of her shell and I really worry about what will happen if I were to stick her in a whole new environment. To be honest, the biggest issue for me is that her teacher is amazing and has done so well drawing Plava out of her shell slowly, and where will I find someone as good to replace her? Aaaah!! So, I have no idea what to do about that one.
So, yes, life is making me rather anxious at the moment and I feel like this is not the first time I've written a blog post like this!! Ack! Where did my cool, collected, calm and laid-back side go?? It's like someone sucked it out of me and replaced it with this low stressy rumble in the back of my mind.
BUT, back to the exciting stuff. Here are some pictures of the house, and us enjoying it!!! :D
(Note the dark brown wall, painted by us. Everything started out in that yellowish colour on the left.)
(...we needed to figure out how to turn the fan down, and Ryan got creative with some tongs.)
(...again, note the nice, dark brown wall, and the yellow, which is now being painted grey.)
Anything is funny when they both do it. :)
(please note that Plava is NOT wet, but Pito is drenched...guess who was holding the hose?)
(I love her smile.)
5 comments:
House looks awesome!!
the house is beautiful!! and look at that great big backyard! awesome! love it!
Wow! What a great house from what you've shown!! And your yard! WAHOOOO!!! Big improvement on the colors, too! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it so much! I hope Ryan feels better really soon, and that all your issues work themselves out.
Thanks everyone! We're really enjoying the place. It's a good old 70's box, but we love it!
Love your house! Too bad we missed you last week...
Got a park in your backyard! That's the best!!
Post a Comment