Monday, March 19, 2012

making prints

We had a really nice day, the girls and I. That says a lot for a Monday, because Monday is often a bit of a hard day. Not because of the usual reasons - getting back into "work" (or school, or whatever) - but simply because the weekend is so much fun with Ryan around, and it really is a letdown when he has to go back to work. What can we say? We really like him being around!

But like I said, it was a nice day. We started slowly with a late breakfast and the girls getting engrossed in drawing pictures at the table afterwards. This led to an intriguing imaginary explanation from Plava about how when princesses get married, they need to get a veil surgically implanted in their scalp, only to need to have it surgically removed after the wedding. There was even a dramatization of how the surgeon would perform said task,including the ever-important gloves which would keep him from touching her blood, and there needed to be a promise of candy afterwards (a choice of gummy sharks or wine gums) for the nervous princess - mainly as an incentive to sit still.

I certainly can't complain that we've got a lack of imagination around here...
Speaking of imagination, we got down to doing a fun art project that I've been wanting to do for a while. Inspired by Inner Child Fun Blog, we made prints!

I spent a little time during the girls' quiet hour cutting out various foamy shapes.
The girls then created pictures with them, gluing them onto a piece of cardboard.
Plava took quite a while to decide on her design, and re-started about 3 times.
While Pony whined at my feet, wanting more attention than I was giving her.Pito was getting excited to paint!!
We rolled paint onto the foam prints....Then lifted them off and voila!!

1 comment: