Wednesday, March 28, 2012

signs of spring

This morning the girls did an art/brainstorming project on Spring. It's a beautiful sunny, gusty, dramatic day out there and it was the least we could do to honour the season!! Next up: getting outside and getting some fresh air!

SO! We started by making brown hand-and-arm prints on a paper with paint. (I forgot to get a picture of this step, but you'll see the product later!) Then, we took tissue paper and cut it into small pieces.
Then we scrunched and crumpled to make "blossoms".
And glued the blossoms onto the "hand-tree".
Then we had a brainstorm session about what signs there are that Spring is here. (I particularly liked "Dad's Birthday" as a sign of spring.)
We cut out the "signs" and the girls glued them to their pages, wrote "Signs of Spring", and signed their names.
Et voila!
(I commented to Pito that she looked really sad in this picture, and asked if she wanted me to take another one with her smiling, to which she replied, "No. I feel like being serious.")



2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

i love your girls! They are so creative!
However, as a nurse, i feel it necessary to note the width of Pito's forearm compared to Plava's forearm. Her delicate and um....freakishly narrow wrist could be a sign of "skinny forearm syndrome" (of course, this could also be that she turned her wrist to the side instead of laid it flat. Haha)
:D

Laura and Ryan said...

Haha!! Totally freaky!