Well today marks the beginning of LENT. Yes, and if any of you have seen the movie "Chocolat", don't assume that I'm giving up chocolate for a whole 40 days!!! HAhaa. No, I'll be a little more creative than that. I've attempted to think of difficult things to give up in the past - tv, junk food, etc. But I've never gotten really serious about it. I guess growing up I never really knew what Lent was about, and even that it's a time that many people sacrifice something in their lives for the sake of the events of Easter. I admit, growing up in a family and in experiences that were engulfed by Christianity, I feel a little sheepish admitting that I didn't know much about it until recent years, but I guess that's the mark of someone who didn't start studying it all from scratch as an adult. Lent was just a word that was used around a certain time of year.
So this year, as my personal sacrifice until April 15th, I'm going to give up something that I'll really miss. (that being the point, of course) I've thought about it all morning, and I think that I've come to a decision. I'm giving up the computer. I know! It's crazy! I mean, when will I be able to update my blog??? After April 15th, that's when. And how will anyone get ahold of me??? By phone, that's how - or heck, stop in if you like!!!! I'd love to SEE you with my eyes!!!
So that's my sacrifice. I'll do it too! You just wait until mid-April when I'm back. I'll let you know how hard it was!! In the meantime, take care of yourselves - all of you. I'm thankful that some people are getting a kick out of this blog, and it's nice to hear your feedback. See you in April!!!
5 comments:
I will miss your posts...are you SURE that's what you want to give up?
Wow! I LOVE chocolate, but I seriously think I'd rather give up chocolate than my computer! I mean, I couldn't, because of my business, but if it were not for that, I couldn't stand giving it up anyway! I mean, here I am, exhausted after a LONG day at the hospital with my husband having emergency surgery, and what am I doing when I should be crashed out sleeping? I'm checking the blog of someone I DON'T EVEN KNOW!
You go girl! Fortunately, I don't have to give up anything, and for that I'm very grateful!
Hey I do admire you. I just recently posted about Lent myself and remarked that the computer would be the ULTIMATE sacrifice...I do admire you!
You're really going through with this! I have checked your blog EVERY day in hopes to read some new tidbit but sadly, it's not there. Well, I'll stop checking...but I can't wait for April! :)
WOW! I'm impressed Laura! I know I couldn't do it.
I really love your blog and all your stories and thoughts. It's in my Favourites list and I check it all the time. Love the travel stuff. You have had some crazy times! Your riverboat trip sounds almost identical to one that Calvin and I went on in Peru. It was one of the roughest things I have ever experienced. We laugh about it now...haha.
Can't wait till you come back!:-(
~Cuzzy Sharon~
Post a Comment